Saturday, 9 January 2010

Commercial break

Not sure how to put this without coming over all advert voiceover. Perhaps a little old-time personal testimony? A year or so ago I discovered some excellent boxer shorts: soft cotton, amusing colours, button fly and comfortably cut. They were pricey but I bought them in a sale for around £10 each. Well, I need some new ones now and looked up the brand on the web: Coton Doux, from Paris.

Keep your excitement under control as they're on sale (as is every French retail business if it has sales-driven marketing: they have legally-designated sale periods). You can now buy these terrific boxers for just €9 each (plus p&p). I don't think this is too pricey: these are very good quality shorts, with dozens of colour options - pictures below.

I address this recommendation to women readers too: they would make a nice gift, though perhaps not sufficient for birthdays. Unless, that is, the man you know gets as much satisfaction from having nice boxer shorts as I do (I'm hoping this is known as 'just gay enough', but I'm sure someone will put me right).


8 comments:

malty said...

Just hope that you don't have an accident Gaw, and end up in the local A&E dept.
I can imagine the conversation ' we had this bloke in yesterday......'
A black suspender belt is more masculine.

Especially in German cities.

Sean said...

At -18 matey boxers will not do, I am a 24/7 nylon man until further notice.

Kevin Musgrove said...

I'm having an age thing here: how are these not directoire knickers?

worm said...

the acid test : would Paxman wear them?

ghostofelberry said...

i feel moved to post pictures of my own boxer shorts. Be warned.

Gadjo Dilo said...

Lovely colours indeed, but I'm afraid I can't be doing with boxers, I need to feel myself being held in a firm handshake.

Gaw said...

Malty: Having spent some time recently in hospital I can assure you my boxers elicited no comments or funny looks, or at least ones I noticed. I imagine you're German gentleman is more of a Speedo-type brief wearer.

Sean: Nylon! What about the static! And lack of breathability!

Kevin: I like that idea. I'm not sure I should though.

Worm: Given he has a bright sock thing going I think we know the answer don't we? Ditto Jon Snow.

Elb: Are they fur-lined ex-Soviet military ones?

Gadjo: I hope that was a metaphor.

Sean said...

Exactly garth, the air cannot get in, Job done!