1. Goalkeeper - Percy Sledge.
2. Right-Back - Donald 'Duck' Dunn. (One of the MGs, who I've picked en masse as a very tight back four.)
3. Left-Back - Al Jackson.
4. Centre-Back - Booker T Washington.
5. Centre-Back - Steve Cropper.
6. Centre-Midfield - Otis Redding (capt.).
7. Right-Midfield - Sam.
8. Left-Midfield - Dave.
9. Centre-Forward - Sam Cooke.
10. Forward - Joe Tex.
11. Forward - James Brown. See here.
On the bench you'd have Rufus Thomas (Defender), Al Green (Forward - no team could accommodate three forwards like Sam Cooke, James Brown and Al Green; AG would come on for the last twenty), Arthur Conley (Midfield), Solomon Burke (Midfield), Eddie Floyd (Defender/Midfield).
I feel bad about leaving Aretha out. But it's not just because she's a woman - I mean, where would she play?
They could meet Motown's 1st XI in the final of the World Soul Football Cup at Wigan Athletic's DW Stadium.
Could be one in a series... to be followed by the Heavy Metal RFC's 1st XV, Punk Rock's village cricket XI and Britpop's field hockey 1st XI.
H/t That Python sketch.