Wednesday, 28 July 2010

A-dabblin' and a-scribblin'

A few bloggers from this small corner of the blogiverse have clubbed together to create a new blog The Dabbler (www.thedabbler.co.uk). It's going to be concerned with culture, a very wide field, at least as it's conceived in these parts. We anticipate hosting a few people and we will also be looking to develop some regular features (our first post is also the first of an ongoing feature - 6 Clicks for the Endless Voyage - and it's by our pal Brit).

At the moment it's in a cheap and cheerful wrapper but we hope soon to make it all glossy and elegant. Can we say it's in beta? Why not, I've always wanted to have something in beta.

The title is inspired in part by a quote from Kim*:
...he was no more than an inexpert dabbler in the mysteries; but at least - he thanked the Gods therefore - he knew when he sat in the presence of a master...



* Incidentally, this refers to one of Kiplings most intriguing characters, Huree Babu.

5 comments:

zmkc said...

Brilliant - I'm going off to think about sustaining cultural links - we're talking clicks on the hinternet, I presume?

malty said...

New ventures are it, only way to go, we need more venturers, has me humming...

La voz de los campos llegó nuevamente
Sentí su llamada, oí su cantar
La canción del verano el hogar me recuerda
Y el verdor de las hojas tu dulce mirar

Llegó la abundancia
Nació la alegría
Y el sol resplandece
Igual mi querer

Nacerán hojas verdes
Nacerán otra vez
Y al cubrir la campiña
Contigo estaré

Llegó la abundancia
Nació la alegría
Y el sol resplandece
Igual mi querer

Nacerán hojas verdes
Nacerán otra vez
Y al cubrir la campiña
Contigo estaré
Contigo estaré


Still have me Davy Crockett hat, all the other cyclists has oppie caps, not me.

worm said...

'a dabbling we will go!!!

Gadjo Dilo said...

Great initiative. Lengthiness may once again, unfortunately, preclude my reading of the undoubtedly excellent articles therein, but I shall try to get over there as often as I can.

Vern said...

Great idea. I endorse.