Thursday, 8 July 2010

A quick recommendation

Just a quick film recommendation. We saw (500) Days of Summer this evening on DVD. A charming, funny, clever film well worth an evening of your time. Lots of filmic references in it especially to The Graduate.

Also, given yesterday was National Ringo Day I can relate the following exchange:
Girl: I like Ringo Starr.
Boy: Nobody likes Ringo Starr.
Girl: That's why I like him.

Keep an eye on Joseph Gordon-Levitt, the male lead. You may know him as the kid from 3rd Rock from the Sun. Reminiscent of Heath Ledger but in a good way.

3 comments:

zmkc said...

It's got to be better than I am Love, which we actually left the house to see on Friday night. Extremely bad film - didn't know they were allowed to make them that bad any more.

Gadjo Dilo said...

National Ringo Day: Excellent - I hope the trains aren't running and everything.

Gaw said...

z: I shall avoid that (should be easy, as we only go to the cinema when a satisfactory evening is totally guaranteed.)

Gadjo: It's only a matter of time.