Monday, 2 August 2010

Illuminating a Small Field now on sale

Today I'm starting to take orders for my blogpaper, Illuminating a Small Field (see here for some background and here to learn more about Newspaper Club, who helped me make it). If you would kindly cast your eyes rightwards you'll see a PayPal button. You can pay by credit or debit card or via your PayPal account and I shall do the rest (you'll be asked for delivery details). Any problems please email me at gawragbag(at)gmail(dot)com.

I'm sending them out by second-class post, so you should get them within a week of ordering. Overseas deliveries may take a bit longer. You can expect a 12-page colour tabloid, printed cheaply and cheerfully in the same way that very small circulation foreign newspapers sometimes are for the big hotel chains (i.e. legible but no work of art - though only to look at, naturally...).

May I remind you it's a mere £2 for UK delivery and just £3.50 for overseas? And you don't just get a newspaper for that - no, you're participating in a great cultural experiment. This is one of the very first blogpapers to have been published and distributed via the web. You have the chance to put a small piece of history in your hands.

I shall blog my experiences with this project further and will produce some sort of 'how-to' post in the event that other bloggers (or any other species of writer) would like to have a go. Not that it's at all difficult. In fact, it's all been great fun - putting it together was a particular pleasure: easy to do and very satisfying.

No comments: